Happy Diamond Jubilee Queenie

Tuesday 5 June 2012

Queenie Blog

Jubilee

Jubilee1

Jubilee2

Happy Diamond Jubilee Queenie

Drew this for Amelia's Magazine Jubilee post - have a look at the article and the rest of the illustrations here. There is something extremely satisfying about drawing the Queen and her royal subjects.

I spent a few rather hungover hours on Sunday attempting to see the stream of boats gliding past but instead we saw lots of heads, which turned out to be quite nice. The atmosphere was ace - I had to queue for 40 minutes to get into the station and I have never quite felt so British. A bunch of soaking wet people laughing and singing the national anthem was oddly emotional.

I will spending today (hopefully in the sunshine) wandering around the Queen filled atmosphere eating and drinking my heart out. What does everyone else have planned?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! If you have any questions I will reply asap!

Ashley Fauguel All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design Powered by Blogger