Why hello Mr Darcy.

Monday 1 October 2012

Lyme2
Lyme Park
Lyme
Lyme11
Lyme1
Lyme5
Why hello Mr Darcy.

I have always been in awe of old National Trust properties but never made the jump to being a member. Now that my 26th year is approaching I thought I would make the most of being 25 and sign up for a year of oogling stately homes and gardens.

I am a bit of a period drama obsessive - I think I will quite easily slip into being 80 years old when that time comes around. Manchester actually has a few hidden gems including Mr Darcys house itself - Lyme Park. You know a place is actually beautiful when even on a shitty day it oozes charm. I seem to visit a lot of different places whilst in London but with Manchester I tend to forget how much there is to do and how many things I actually haven't done. I managed to forget my camera memory card (special) but my little iPhone did me proud. As well as scrubbing up on my Pride and Prejudice knowledge I learnt a thing or to about the Edwardian family that spent their years residing at Lyme Park - each room in the residence was a mash up of luxurious pattern clashing ace-ness.

Autumn has well and truly arrived - Manchester is never short of rain so embracing autumn attire was not a problem. Spending a few weeks at home after finishing my course has its definite upsides including being reunited with all of my wardrobe. Wayooo.

We said goodbye to Pemberley with afternoon tea, I mean how else?
Lyme7
Lyme10
Jumper - Urban Outfitters, Belt - Vintage, Dress - H&M, Shoes - Vintage.
Lyme4
Lyme12
Lyme6
Casually reading a book in the house library
Lyme8
Lyme3
Lyme17
Lyme16
Lyme18
Writing a letter to Allan from Mr Darcy - do you think they post to Switzerland?
Lyme9
Lyme15
Lyme14
Lyme13
A very civilised afternoon tea with Mr. Darcy

2 comments:

  1. Head over heels in love with this outfit! I wish I didn't get so darn cold as I'd love to create my own version of this with ankle socks! You look super cosy! I also love visiting the national trust! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the cutest!! I am insanely jealous of that sweater. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! If you have any questions I will reply asap!

Ashley Fauguel All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design Powered by Blogger